Do you have 40 acres or more? Would you like to know what edible plants are growing there and how to cook them? We offer tours of your acreage to explore your land and the balance of the native to introduced edible plants on your property. “Weeding”can be an easy food harvesting process! Learn to identify five safe, edible plant species and recipes to cook with them.
*Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to set a date, time, and location for your program.
Why re-wild your garden? Here are three great reasons to add native, edible species to your lawn or garden.
- 70% of Alberta songbirds feed their young insects in the spring. These same insects rely on our native plants and flowers for their food. If the insects thrive, the songbirds thrive.
- You can grow native, wild edibles and harvest food as early as mid May. Enjoy your, local, safe greens from spring to fall!
- Once the plants are established, you don’t need to water, fertilize, or fuss over them! Many are drought tolerant and draw up healthy nutrients from the soil.
During a two-hour garden consultation and walk-about in your yard, we will look for the habitat that most closely mimics nature’s eco-systems. This way we ensure the best rate of return for your new edible wild plant garden.
Consultation fee: $100
*Please contact email@example.com to set a date, time, and location for your consult.
- In some cases, we can provide the starter plants, or we will give you the best resources for locally grown native plants. Prices for plants depend on the species and amounts.
- Full Garden design and planting also available, prices vary.