Do you have 40 acres or more? Would you like to know what edible plants are growing on your land and how to cook with them? Hire us to take you, on a tour of your acreage to forage for natures wild edibles.
You may have fresh, early season, wild vegetables right in the back 40. Imagine your “weeding” becoming a fun, food harvesting adventure!
*Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to set a date, time, and location for your program.
May to September
Price: Half-day (2 hrs): $285 Includes: Our experienced wild food educator and certified outdoor guide. *max 5 people
Price: Full day - (4.5 hrs) : $560 - With lunch Includes : additional food to create a great meal. Gain the knowledge of how to prep these new plants and take home two new recipes. *max 8 people
Why re-wild your garden? Three great reasons to add native, edible species to your lawn or garden are:
- 70% of Alberta songbirds feed their young insects in the spring. These same insects rely on our native plants and flowers for their food. If the insects thrive, the songbirds thrive.
- You can grow native, wild edibles and harvest food as early as mid May. Extend your, fresh, food season into the spring!
- Once the plants are established, you don’t need to water, fertilize, or fuss over them! Many are drought tolerant and draw up healthy nutrients from the soil.
During a two-hour garden consultation and walk-about in your yard, we will look for the habitat that most closely mimics nature’s eco-systems. This way we ensure the best rate of return for your new edible wild plant garden.
Consultation fee: $100
*Please contact email@example.com to set a date, time, and location for your consult.
- In some cases, we provide the starter plants. Prices for plants depend on the species and amounts.
- Full Garden design and planting also available, prices vary.