Do you have 40 acres or more? Would you like to know what edible plants are growing there and how to cook with them? We are happy to take you on a tour of your home property to discover the balance of the native and introduced edible plants on your acreage. “Weeding” may become a food harvesting process! Learn to identify five safe, edible plant species and we will share ideas on cooking with at least two of them.
*Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to set a date, time, and location for your program.
Why re-wild your garden? Here are three great reasons to add native, edible species to your lawn or garden.
- 70% of Alberta songbirds feed their young insects in the spring. These same insects rely on our native plants and flowers for their food. If the insects thrive, the songbirds thrive.
- You can grow native, wild edibles and harvest food as early as mid May. Enjoy your, local, safe greens from spring to fall!
- Once the plants are established, you don’t need to water, fertilize, or fuss over them! Many are drought tolerant and draw up healthy nutrients from the soil.
During a two-hour garden consultation and walk-about in your yard, we will look for the habitat that most closely mimics nature’s eco-systems. This way we ensure the best rate of return for your new edible wild plant garden.
Consultation fee: $100
*Please contact email@example.com to set a date, time, and location for your consult.
- In some cases, we can provide the starter plants, or we will give you the best resources for locally grown native plants. Prices for plants dependent on the species and amounts.
- Full Garden design and planting also available, prices vary.