Take a walk off the beaten path into Alberta’s Public Lands. These lands are well known by: hunters, the logging industry, Ranchers and Equestrian users. It is time to explore Alberta's Public lands!
Explore the forest floor in a Pine forest, an Aspen forest or a riparian area. Different edible foods grow in each eco-system. The Kananaskis Foothills are one of the most ecologically diverse places in Alberta. Here lies the food of the deer, hare, elk, moose, owls, bears and humans. Join a trek through the forests, to find large, healthy populations of edible plants for food and tea.
What you will learn:
- Sustainable and ethical foraging techniques
- How to identify safe, edible plants
- How to ecologically harvest plants
- Recipes and storage guidelines
Sturdy hiking boots are a necessity! Day pack with clothing layers and rain gear. Lunch and 2 water bottles.
- Gloves, clippers, cloth or screen bag
- Personal care items
- A complete supply list will be sent to you upon registration.
Late May to late July
Price: $85 per person A great outing for small groups. * min 5